I know everyone wants more pics…..here you go.
Emmie still high and no progress. Dr J recommends and we concur that c-section is necessary. Starting the process. Pray for safe keeping over them.
Things haven’t progressed as quickly as we hoped. After several hours of laboring Abbie had made little progress. We elected to go ahead get an epidural so she can relax and rest a little.
Please pray that she can relax and Emmie will move on down so she can come see us.
Well, it seems the process has begun. Abbie starting having strong contractions about 1 am. We came in to the hospital and they monitored her for a while but ended up sending her home. We went to the scheduled appointment at 9:30, and Dr. J sent us back to the hospital to finish the job. We are in the hospital, all hooked up, and Dr. J just broke her water. Will try to keep updating when possible.
We went today for our biophysical profile (ultrasound) since I am “post date” with Emmie. She looked great. Her head was measuring about 39 weeks as was her femur. She was head down and positioned a little funny so the sonographer had to figure out measurements by hand to guess weight. She guesstimated 10 pounds. However, everything she had for measurements showed around 9. Of course, we know she is going to be big given that she is post date and the last three have been over 9 pounders. So, the weight we are not too concerned with. Everything else looked good too including her fluid level.
Zoe woke up this morning and jumped in front of me and yelled, “Is she coming today?!”
Yes. We’re still here. Yes. I’m still pregnant. To celebrate Emmie’s due date coming and almost going and she’s still cooking, we went to the doctor and started clearing out school from this year.
Emmie is doing great. I’m doing great and now we wait to see if she is going to come out on her own or if we’ll have to force her out.
I go back in a few days to check on her via a bio-physical profile and then we’ll wait some more.
And as we were leaving, Dr. J doled out a sweet compliment. He called me down the hall and I walked back down and he had to say that for someone who was over 35 and 40 weeks pregnant, I sure did walk much better than some of the women he has seen waddling around with several weeks to go. I laughed and said thanks. And “non” waddled my self out the door until later.
I really am feeling good. Not too uncomfortable. I have no big complaints about her having to get out. My only desire is that she comes on her own without the need for an induction and that makes me antsy to get this show on the road. So, please pray, dear friends, that Emmie will indeed come soon and “on her own.” In the meantime, we have activities planned to keep kids and mom busy throughout the week.
When last we left our baby Emmie updates at 32 weeks the placenta was moved but the baby was frank breech. That meant she was head up and so were her feet. Future gymnast? Maybe.
I didn’t post at 34 weeks because, well, it was boring. Listened to the heartbeat, discussed options if baby doesn’t move. Yawn.
So, this appointment was the “big one.” Where was she? Would we need to do an ECV? Wait it out? Would we have an ultrasound to see what was going on?
I’m thrilled to say, she is head down! As of now. She could still move because my uterus is “stretchy.” That means I’ve had a lot of kids and I can make all sorts of room for overactive babies.
I know ya’ll are probably tired of me saying this but I am constantly thanking God for Dr. J. Even while we were trying to figure out he started saying that since she was still spinning (and she was…she was having hiccups all over last week), that we would wait and see how she did or until I went in to labor and make the decision then . As I said with earlier pregnancies, we always feel part of the team and decision making and we are very grateful to have a doctor who doesn’t make snap decisions and really seeks out what is best for baby and mom.
Now it’s just a wait until she’s ready. I asked him how far over I could go past my due date and he said I wouldn’t go over. I laughed at him. So, he’s going to give her eviction papers ten days or so after my due date.
I’ve got things ready for her and we’re all waiting but for some reason it just doesn’t seem real that we’ll have a new little one here in just a few weeks. I’m excited to meet her and for the kids to have a baby here but, honestly, we have a few things we need to get wrapped up (like school and a project fair) before we meet her, so I’m fine if she wants to cook for a few more weeks.
That would be Miss Emmie’s face…it’s hard to see and I’ll tell ya more about that in a second.
First, an answered prayer (lady details here) at 20 weeks the placenta was low lying and really too close to the cervix. So, this check up was to see if the placenta had “moved.” We are praising God that it has. It’s even better news because it is also anterior (in the front), if it had not moved up and I have to have a c-section, that would not have been a fun recovery, etc.
We were also to confirm that Emmie is indeed Emmie. I don’t remember looking with the other girls but it is definitely very clear at 32 weeks. Just an FYI there.
My glucose levels are slightly high (from my fasting times) so Dr. J has me monitoring and maintaining through exercise and diet. It’s not been too bad and the nice result is I’ve lost a bit of weight. I think the lab tech lady was a bit off on the numbers so I don’t think it is as much as she says, but I have lost. And that’s just a little something nice…and totally justified my cheating tonight (pizza…yummy and pizza dessert…even better).
Now more prayers please. While the placenta is in the clear, we are now looking at our first ever breech baby. Her rear is down and her feet are up by her face (as well as her hands). That is one reason our picture is not exactly clear. I have been going to the chiropractor regularly since before I was pregnant. She is a great chiropractor and is going to do what she can to help Miss Emmie face the right direction. We’ll work at home too to get her going right too. Dr. J, in his calm demeanor is not concerned and because I have a “well exercised” uterus said she has a ton of room and will probably go back and forth a few times. He’ll check her out at 36 weeks and from there we may have to do another ultrasound and then discuss options.
So, pray, please, that she turns and stays turned. Mark and I are at peace with whether she turns or not. We’re perfectly happy to see what God has for us and this little one who is growing now. We just laughed when we saw her on the ultrasound and suddenly my belly poking out occasionally made a lot of sense.
Thank you for the prayers and joining us (virtually or in real life) on this fun adventure of parenthood.
Update again: Uncle B&B have been blessed with a baby due two weeks after us. We found out that their baby is a girl as well! Aunt B said, “Isn’t it funny how God does things!”